BARP: Govt too slow on CLICO, BAICOCLICO Corporate Centre. (FP)
Fri, December 28, 2012 - 12:09 AM
The Barbados Association of Retired Persons (BARP) has strongly criticized Government for moving too slowly to resolve the money problems of CLICO and BAICO policyholders.
Since the collapse of the two insurance companies three years ago, BARP’s investment of $1/2 million has been in jeopardy.
“Our concern is that we are not seeing the sort of response from Government that we thought would bring us to some sort of satisfactory conclusion in the matter,” BARP president Edward Bushell told the WEEKEND NATION yesterday.
“We see in other jurisdictions the matter being settled and we can see no meaningful action at all in Barbados.” (GA)Please read the full story in today’s WEEKEND NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Sherville Harris commented on Raunchy beach party
- Robert Goode commented on Akela’s golden legacy
- Robert Goode commented on No money to get victim’s body home
- Ann Lewis commented on I CONFESS: Cheating ways made me a lonely man
- Don Clarke commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Eager to marry but scared of his past