BFA hat offBFA president Ronald Jones (FP)
By Randy Bennett | Thu, September 20, 2012 - 12:10 AM
COME MONTHEND, the Barbados Football Association (BFA) will usher in a new president.
That’s because current president Ronald Jones will not be seeking re-election to the BFA’s top post.
After 14 years at the helm, Jones, who is also the Minister of Education and Human Resource Development, has decided to step down and will not be contesting the BFA’s September 30 elections.
Having come under fire for Barbados’ recent poor performances which has seen them plummet to their second worst ever FIFA ranking of 175, and with the general election looming, Jones, who was also recently selected to be a member of FIFA’s Ethics Committee, said the time has come for new blood to be injected into the sport.Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Tony Webster commented on EDITORIAL: Free education’s potential gains now in jeopardy
- Jan Shak commented on Fatal slip
- Wayne Webster commented on His money is ‘in the sea’
- Orson Arthur commented on Samoa-bound
- Carl Harper commented on Fees ‘best option’