Bishop’s wayBishop Dr John Holder. (FP)
Tue, December 25, 2012 - 12:10 AM
Anglican Bishop Dr John Holder has outlined a ten-point plan which he hopes candidates will use in the coming general election in Barbados.
Urging the candidates to be humble and keep the campaign clean while ensuring that the issues were fully discussed, the head of the local and regional Anglican community also suggested that the candidates point the way forward and not dwell on things of yesteryear.
“Tell us how you can take this country forward. Do not dwell on and live in the past; point us into the future,” he suggested, adding: “Avoid character assassination of opponents – make this campaign the cleanest one ever.”
Holder, writing in the latest edition of The Anglican, also called for Barbadians to take the “usual” level-headed and sensible approach as the country embarked on a general election campaign. (ES)Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- arlene Browne commented on LOOKA LEW: $3000 in feathers and beads
- elliot gibbs commented on Canadians on bail
- Tony Waterman commented on Sad farewell for Charmer
- Tony Waterman commented on Amputations ‘a case’ for reparation
- Snow Cone commented on Short in Barbados to work, not party