Fri, January 18, 2013 - 12:01 AM
ONE OF Barbados’ oldest supermarket chains has closed the doors of two of its outlets and scaled down operations at the remaining store.
Buyrite Supermarkets closed its locations at City Centre Mall and Cumberland Street in The City on December 28 and is only operating at its Roebuck Street location.
It is understood that about 12 people were sent home.
Yesterday Creditel Collections conducted a sale of the wooden and metal shelving at the City Centre Mall and Cumberland Street locations.
Here, people visiting the now closed Buy Rite Supermarket location at City Centre Mall yesterday to purchase the wooden and metal shelvings. (Picture by Maria Bradshaw.)
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Mia Colucci commented on Broomes hurt by turning of table
- Robert Goode commented on Ganja found in container at Port
- Bim Bum commented on Families fearful of losing homes
- Bim Bum commented on Doctors working overtime on virus
- Bim Bum commented on Family sent packing after 60 years