Can’t silence BLP!
By Barry Alleyne | Thu, January 17, 2013 - 12:12 AM
The Barbados Labour Party (BLP) will not be silenced!
That’s the word from the party’s leader, former Prime Minister Owen Arthur, after a highly publicized political mass meeting scheduled for last night had to be called off when the Royal Barbados Police Force withdrew permission a couple hours before the scheduled seven o’clock start.
“I don’t ever get involved with the police doing its work,”Arthur said. “The police is an independent authority and it has to do what it feels is best for order in Barbados.”
But the BLP chief said the party would not be silenced as it prepared for a battle royal with the Democratic Labour Party Government in the upcoming general election.Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- 3 charged
- Does Ebola travel ban make sense?
- Sports unity call
- Fight against the mosquito
- Most Recent Comments
- Orson Arthur commented on Governor expects growth next year
- Adam Shaw commented on Upgrade upsets taximen
- Orson Arthur commented on $174.6m still left
- Wayne Webster commented on WICB: Let’s talk
- daneale o'neale commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Should I tell lover about old affair?