Church, politicians losing influence
By Mike King | Mon, April 23, 2012 - 12:01 AM
THE CHURCH and the political parties are gradually losing their influence in the society.
Reverend Geoffrey Mayers made that assertion yesterday morning at the 57th anniversary service of the Democratic Labour Party (DLP) at St Ann’s Anglican Church in Parris Hill, St Joseph.
“The church does not exist for itself but, I dare say, neither does the political party. We exist in order that we may be of service to our fellow human beings.
“Our church and our political parties are losing some of our influence because our focus may be too much on us rather than the people to whom we are called to serve,” he said.
Read the full story in today's DAILY NATION.
- Editor's Choice
- Godfrey Bynoe commented on Not afraid to flog!
- Dionne Lashley commented on WHAT MATTERS MOST: Behaviour is shaped by the majority
- Orson Arthur commented on Guyanese charged for entering Barbados illegally
- Orson Arthur commented on House of horror
- Orson Arthur commented on Belle clear