Curious kidsFrom left, Janiva and Jaria inspecting the sea cats as Terrel Howell and Akil Archer make tentative steps towards the molluscs. (Nigel Browne)
Tue, January 22, 2013 - 12:05 AM
A SLIPPERY, SLIMY, rubbery tentacled octopus is not something people may think children would want to play with.
In fact, there are some adults who would have to be physically forced to touch one.
But at Martin’s Bay, St John, yesterday afternoon, some children had no problem playing with the cephalopods, known commonly as sea cats.
However, this was not entirely true as it was, a little strangely, the girls who were playing with the sea cats while the boys stayed away.
Sisters Janiva and Jaria Payne said their father had caught the creatures and given them to her and her sister to hold until he returned. (CA)
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Sherville Harris commented on Raunchy beach party
- Robert Goode commented on Akela’s golden legacy
- Robert Goode commented on No money to get victim’s body home
- Ann Lewis commented on I CONFESS: Cheating ways made me a lonely man
- Don Clarke commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Eager to marry but scared of his past