Devaluation not on cards, says Boyce
Thu, November 15, 2012 - 12:12 AM
DEVALUATION of the Barbados dollar is out of the question.
That’s the word from Minister in the Office of the Prime Minister Senator Darcy Boyce.
And he has also made it clear that Barbados has no date with the International Monetary Fund (IMF).
Boyce was speaking in the Senate yesterday during debate on the International Business (Amendment) Bill, which would adjust the tax schedules for the international business sector.
He recalled that during the early 1990s, he had worked with colleagues such as Independent Senators Geoffrey Cave and Sir Roy Trotman to make sure devaluation was off the cards.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Carl Harper commented on Working to secure future
- daneale o'neale commented on UPDATED:Road fatality on Spring Garden
- Carl Harper commented on BWU conference: Employment act to be amended
- Tony Webster commented on Wall of Art
- Tony Webster commented on THE BIG PICTURE: Sacred and profane