Edwards jury reaches verdict
Thu, May 31, 2012 - 2:46 PM
The jury in the John Edwards trial has reached a verdict after nine days of deliberations.
Edwards, a former Democratic U.S. senator and presidential nominee, was charged with accepting illegal campaign contributions, falsifying documents and conspiring to receive and conceal the contributions.
The charges carry a maximum sentence of 30 years in prison and a $1.5 million fine. (CNN)
More details to come
- Editor's Choice
- Carl Harper commented on WHAT MATTERS MOST: Behaviour is shaped by the majority
- Dale Harris commented on Two off to play in England
- Jack Husbands commented on Not afraid to flog!
- Jalisa Skeete commented on Barbados' supercentenarian Sisnett is dead
- Frank Husbands commented on Guyanese charged for entering Barbados illegally