Farrakhan comes in on Sunday
By Maria Bradshaw | Thu, November 22, 2012 - 12:05 AM
LEADER OF THE NATION OF ISLAM, Louis Farrakhan, will be arriving in Barbados on Sunday for a week’s visit as part of the second phase of a Caribbean tour.
The outspoken religious and social leader will be having a number of meetings with various sectors, including business, students and the public.
The announcement of his visit was made yesterday at the Clement Payne Centre by the local organizing committee headed by president of the Clement Payne Movement, David Comissiong, leading officer Thelma Gill-Barnett and leader of the Nation of Islam study group in Barbados, Miles Muhammad.
Comissiong said Farrakhan, 80, was on a five-nation Caribbean tour, which began yesterday in Grenada, and will include Barbados, Dominica, the United States Virgin Islands, Belize and The Bahamas.Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Tony Webster commented on Barrack negotiations continuing
- Tony Webster commented on EDITORIAL: Easing the burden of families hit by disaster
- Snow Cone commented on CBS ends deal with Rihanna
- daneale o'neale commented on ‘Insult to union’
- Tony Webster commented on We must travel!