Final farewell for Bite MuhOpposition Leader Mia Mottley viewing the body of the late Rudolph “Bite-Muh” Browne. (NB)
Wed, March 27, 2013 - 12:01 AM
HE CARRIED NO TITLE and was bestowed no honour.
But from the number of people who turned out yesterday both at the church and later the Westbury Cemetery, where his body was interred, it was evident the esteem in which the late Rudolph Browne was held.
Former Prime Minister Owen Arthur and Leader of the Opposition Mia Mottley along with scores of Barbados Labour Party (BLP) members and supporters joined relatives and friends who packed the Our Lady, Queen of the Universe, Roman Catholic Church in Black Rock, St Michael to pay their last respects.
But, it was not only the members of his beloved BLP who turned out to be part of this final farewell. So too, were members of the Democratic Labour Party (DLP) along many fisherfolk, as well as present and former workers of the Bridgetown Port. (ES)
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Tony Webster commented on EDITORIAL: Include farmers in Govt’s plans for industry
- Pan Wallie commented on Home cry
- Wayne Webster commented on Taxing lines at centres
- Dale Connell commented on THE 'NETTE EFFECT: Day my childhood came crashing down
- Glyne Griffith commented on Sealy: Focus on women