Fired up celebrity chefs
Sun, November 18, 2012 - 12:05 AM
Food Network fans were treated to cooking demonstrations yesterday by celebrity chefs Marcus Samuelsson and Anne Burrell, who are in the island for the Barbados Food & Wine And Rum Festival this weekend.
The grounds of Hilton Barbados were transformed into a cooking area where more than 200 eager foodies gathered to see Samuelsson and Burrell whip up some delectable fare.
Burrell made a grand start to her demonstration by dancing to music from superstar Rihanna. Along with sharing personal anecdotes and stories that had the audience bursting with laughter, both chefs also answered questions from the audience.
Samuelsson is an internationally acclaimed chef, author and philanthropist who opened the restaurant Red Rooster Harlem in Harlem, and also planned the Obama administration’s first state dinner.
Burrell’s trademark spiky blond hair and flair for food can be seen on her Food Network series, Secrets Of A Restaurant Chef, and she also co-hosts Worst Cooks In America, a prime time reality show. (SH-O)
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Mia Colucci commented on Broomes hurt by turning of table
- Robert Goode commented on Ganja found in container at Port
- Bim Bum commented on Families fearful of losing homes
- Bim Bum commented on Doctors working overtime on virus
- Bim Bum commented on Family sent packing after 60 years