Former volleyballer passesSasha Best died early this morning.
Sat, February 11, 2012 - 3:27 PM
The volleyball fraternity is mourning the death of former junior player, Sasha Best.
The former setter died at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital early this morning after battling dengue hemorrhagic fever for the past week.
Best, who is described as a vivacious person, who represented her alma mater Christ Church Foundation in netball and volleyball, also played for Banks Spurs and was invited to under 21 trials.
Best was 23-years-old.
Long serving president of the Barbados Volleyball Association, John Griffith expressed sympathies to Best's family. (KB)
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Mr Psychotic commented on Foreplay giant, but still too small
- Larsen Parris commented on Fees ‘best option’
- Tony Webster commented on EDITORIAL: Free education’s potential gains now in jeopardy
- Jan Shak commented on Fatal slip
- Wayne Webster commented on His money is ‘in the sea’