Fresh relief for tourismMinister Chris Sinckler. (FP)
Sun, September 16, 2012 - 12:07 AM
Government is about to pump more money directly into the vital tourism sector, which has been hard hit by reduced tourist spending and ballooning energy bills.
Minister of Finance Chris Sinckler on Friday night announced that a second round of financial relief to the tourism sector was coming in the form of what he termed “TIRF Lite or TIRF 2”.
The first Tourism Industry Relief Fund (TIRF) provided $15 million in grant money to hotels and tourism-related businesses that were reeling from the economic and financial crash in 2009.
Speaking at Mall Internationale during the launch of Williams Evergreen Ltd, a member of the Williams Industries Group that will produce electricity from the sun, Sinckler said the Ministry of Tourism and Energy of would present a paper for Cabinet approval of the financial assistance. (GE)Please read the full story in today’s SUNDAY SUN, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Godfrey Bynoe commented on Not afraid to flog!
- Dionne Lashley commented on WHAT MATTERS MOST: Behaviour is shaped by the majority
- Orson Arthur commented on Guyanese charged for entering Barbados illegally
- Orson Arthur commented on House of horror
- Orson Arthur commented on Belle clear