Gag them!Shanique Myrie. (FP)
By Barry Alleyne | Mon, November 19, 2012 - 12:11 AM
Stop with all the talking. Let the court decide!
This appeal has come from Barbados on the heels of comments made by a Jamaican minister regarding the Shanique Myrie lawsuit before the Caribbean Court of Justice (CCJ).
Those comments have not gone down well with attorneys representing the Barbados Government in the matter.
In fact, the Bajan legal team wants all people involved in the case to shut up.
Lead attorney for the Barbados Government in the matter, Roger Forde, QC, has sent off a letter to the solicitor general’s chambers in Kingston, requesting the Jamaica government implement a gag order on ministers when it comes to the Myrie case.Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Carl Harper commented on WHAT MATTERS MOST: Behaviour is shaped by the majority
- Dale Harris commented on Two off to play in England
- Jack Husbands commented on Not afraid to flog!
- Jalisa Skeete commented on Barbados' supercentenarian Sisnett is dead
- Frank Husbands commented on Guyanese charged for entering Barbados illegally