Kolij Under-16 kingsAlbert Collymore (left), captain of The St Michael School, battling for possession with Carl Hinkson of Harrison College.
Thu, March 29, 2012 - 12:00 AM
It was seen as the battle of the City but more than territorial status was gained on Tuesday at the National Stadium.
Harrison College defeated neighbours The St Michael School 1-0 to be crowned kings of the Coca-Cola Barbados Secondary Schools’ Football League Under-16 Competition.
Both teams received tremendous peer and parental support, with each camp trying to outshout the other while participating in friendly banter.
The game was competitive, with non-stop end-to-end action. Harrison College settled sooner and enjoyed a fair spell of possession, with captain Alex Bayne calling the shots in midfield and creating chances for the fleet-footed Carl Hinkson and Taj Sivers.
Read full story in today's DAILY NATION.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Tony Webster commented on EDITORIAL: Include farmers in Govt’s plans for industry
- Pan Wallie commented on Home cry
- Wayne Webster commented on Taxing lines at centres
- Dale Connell commented on THE 'NETTE EFFECT: Day my childhood came crashing down
- Glyne Griffith commented on Sealy: Focus on women