Last-minute Christmas rush in City
Tue, December 25, 2012 - 12:08 AM
City sidewalks were busy yesterday as Barbadians headed out on Christmas Eve to make last-minute purchases of gifts and household items.
The usually popular clothing and shoe stores and departments were all but abandoned in favour of those selling toys, perfumes, jewellery, curtains and doormats.
Tomorrow will no doubt be a day and season for children as usual as toys and children’s books and activities were in high demand.
Many a gift-giver was spotted examining Yuletide greeting cards, wrapping paper and gift boxes that would put the final touch on their offerings. (NB)Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Marva Chase commented on Fake interpreter
- David Hall commented on Call to cut cost of travel in region
- David Hall commented on Cotton concern
- dirtyokra two point o commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Should I tell about my wife’s affair?
- Ann Lewis commented on FULL FEATURE: Barbadians ‘grudge’ icon