Last-minute Christmas rush in City
Tue, December 25, 2012 - 12:08 AM
City sidewalks were busy yesterday as Barbadians headed out on Christmas Eve to make last-minute purchases of gifts and household items.
The usually popular clothing and shoe stores and departments were all but abandoned in favour of those selling toys, perfumes, jewellery, curtains and doormats.
Tomorrow will no doubt be a day and season for children as usual as toys and children’s books and activities were in high demand.
Many a gift-giver was spotted examining Yuletide greeting cards, wrapping paper and gift boxes that would put the final touch on their offerings. (NB)Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Mia Colucci commented on Broomes hurt by turning of table
- Robert Goode commented on Ganja found in container at Port
- Bim Bum commented on Families fearful of losing homes
- Bim Bum commented on Doctors working overtime on virus
- Bim Bum commented on Family sent packing after 60 years