Maloney and Redman mum
Wed, November 21, 2012 - 12:09 AM
Walter Maloney and Mary Redman, two key figures on opposite sides in The Alexandra School’s saga, are tight-lipped on the recommendations of the report of the commission of inquiry into developments at the institution.
However, Maloney, president of the National Union of Public Workers (NUPW), the union representing Alexandra school principal Jeff Broomes, did admit he was not entirely happy with the recommendations.
When contacted yesterday evening, Maloney said he had deep concerns but would not go into specifics at this stage, adding he would wait on the reaction of Parliament, where the report was tabled yesterday.
Redman, president of the Barbados Secondary Teachers Union (BSTU), the organization representing the Alexandra teachers, declined comment. (MK)
- Editor's Choice
- 3 charged
- Does Ebola travel ban make sense?
- Sports unity call
- Fight against the mosquito
- Most Recent Comments
- Orson Arthur commented on Governor expects growth next year
- Adam Shaw commented on Upgrade upsets taximen
- Orson Arthur commented on $174.6m still left
- Wayne Webster commented on WICB: Let’s talk
- daneale o'neale commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Should I tell lover about old affair?