Maloney and Redman mum
Wed, November 21, 2012 - 12:09 AM
Walter Maloney and Mary Redman, two key figures on opposite sides in The Alexandra School’s saga, are tight-lipped on the recommendations of the report of the commission of inquiry into developments at the institution.
However, Maloney, president of the National Union of Public Workers (NUPW), the union representing Alexandra school principal Jeff Broomes, did admit he was not entirely happy with the recommendations.
When contacted yesterday evening, Maloney said he had deep concerns but would not go into specifics at this stage, adding he would wait on the reaction of Parliament, where the report was tabled yesterday.
Redman, president of the Barbados Secondary Teachers Union (BSTU), the organization representing the Alexandra teachers, declined comment. (MK)
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Tony Webster commented on EDITORIAL: Free education’s potential gains now in jeopardy
- Jan Shak commented on Fatal slip
- Wayne Webster commented on His money is ‘in the sea’
- Orson Arthur commented on Samoa-bound
- Carl Harper commented on Fees ‘best option’