Many benefits for region from airlift
Wed, June 16, 2010 - 12:17 AM
BRAZIL’s ambassador to Barbados Appio Claudio Acquarone, says the new airlift arrangement between the two countries has major spin-off benefits for the Caribbean and South America.
Speaking yesterday at a Press conference hosted by the Barbados Tourism Authority, Acquarone said there were enormous benefits from the new direct service from Brazil which would operate weekly out of Sao Paulo on Saturdays, starting June 26.
Acquarone said Aruba was the first Caribbean island with which Brazil established a gateway and it was enthusiastically received there. He was confident the same would happen here.
He added that the airlift would not only represent a Barbados/Brazil connection, but would be of benefit for several countries in the Caribbean and those in proximity to Brazil.
“In Brazil, we love new destinations and we offer an enormous array of attractions. Last year, we had 107 trade shows. In Brazil, we have 12 000 restaurants, so we can feed a lot of people. This is an opportunity to seize,” he said. (MK)
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Sherville Harris commented on Raunchy beach party
- Robert Goode commented on Akela’s golden legacy
- Robert Goode commented on No money to get victim’s body home
- Ann Lewis commented on I CONFESS: Cheating ways made me a lonely man
- Don Clarke commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Eager to marry but scared of his past