Mark shows his venom(Picture by Kenmore Bynoe.)
Fri, December 28, 2012 - 12:05 AM
Twenty-eight-year-old Mark “Venom” Griffith emerged from the shadow of road tennis giants from his St Michael parish when he showed superior court craft and fitness to defeat favourite Victor “Earth” Ward to win the inaugural Silver Hill Road Tennis Championship on Boxing Day.
Griffith, who has always considered himself the best “B” Class player in the island, brushed past the previously unknown Ward in straight sets to win his first major title while exacting vengeance for Ward’s audacity in inflicting a “sow” and defeat on the seemingly invincible Julian “Michael Jackson” White.
After Griffith won, he was warmly embraced and lifted in the air by supporters, led by his father, Mark Snr (second right), friend Damien “Force Ripe” Taylor (right) and Troy Sonny (left, backing). (KB)
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- daneale o'neale commented on Raunchy beach party
- James Lynch commented on Export lift
- D. Stoute commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Eager to marry but scared of his past
- Lloyd Gulston commented on NCC talks today
- Carl Harper commented on Akela’s golden legacy