By Maria Bradshaw | Fri, January 18, 2013 - 12:08 AM
AT THE end of this month at least four dairy farmers will have a surplus of milk on their hands.
Two of them, Barry Bishop and Douglas Ward, told the WEEKEND NATION that the Pine Hill Dairy (PHD) said by Monday they would have reached their quota for January and no more milk would be collected from them for the remainder of the month.
They were also informed that if milk collected on Monday exceeded the set amount, the excess would be deducted from the following month’s quota.
When contacted, PHD communications specialist Sophia Cambridge said that all of the dairy farmers who supplied milk to PHD were informed that once they had reached their quota at any point in the month, no more milk will be collected from them for that month.
“This is nothing new,” she said.Please read the full story in today’s WEEKEND NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Mr Psychotic commented on Foreplay giant, but still too small
- Larsen Parris commented on Fees ‘best option’
- Tony Webster commented on EDITORIAL: Free education’s potential gains now in jeopardy
- Jan Shak commented on Fatal slip
- Wayne Webster commented on His money is ‘in the sea’