More Arthur tax promisesFormer Prime Minister Owen Arthur. (FP)
By Ricky Jordan | Sun, November 18, 2012 - 12:06 AM
In the same way that Barbadians get tax credits when they save or invest, a new Barbados Labour Party (BLP) Government will offer them such credits to offset their expenditure in health and education.
These two new allowances were revealed by Leader of the Opposition Owen Arthur as The People’s Forum series of BLP conversations with the public continued last night at St James Secondary School.
Saying the time had come for such tax credits, Arthur explained that in terms of health care, while ordinary Barbadians go to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital (QEH) for hospitalization, nearly every citizen had a private physician and more of them were going to the new institutions like Sandy Crest.
Therefore, he added, they should have a tax credit that would allow them to buy health insurance, thereby providing a choice for any individual to either go to the QEH or anywhere else to seek health care in Barbados.Please read the full story in today’s SUNDAY SUN, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Orange Peel commented on Raunchy beach party
- daneale o'neale commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Hoping to make friends with other retirees
- daneale o'neale commented on NCC talks today
- James Lynch commented on Export lift
- D. Stoute commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Eager to marry but scared of his past