Move him!PARENTS, STUDENTS, teachers and others at yesterday’s prayer session in the Alexandra School’s auditorium. (Ricardo Leacock)
Sat, January 21, 2012 - 12:09 AM
MORE THAN 1 200 past Alexandra School students are adding their voices to the call for principal Jeff Broomes to be removed from the school.
And the Alexandra Alumni Association, which represents students across several generations, has urged that the impasse to be resolved for the children’s sake.
In a statement issued yesterday after consultation with members, the alumni declared that it fully supported the teachers.
“Our major concerns . . . are as follows: the interest and welfare of the students. We believe that it is important and necessary that our students strive and do well in a stable environment. Our second concern is that of the welfare of the teachers of the Alexandra School. We believe that the teachers also deserve to be in a work environment conducive to teaching,” it said.
Read the full story in today's SATURDAY SUN.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Simon Templar commented on Bulgarian charged for cocaine
- Tony Webster commented on AWRIGHT DEN!: Well done, Harold
- Francis Blackman commented on Danger zone
- RANDY BRIDGEMAN commented on Key points: Clive Lloyd on Windies cricket
- Wayne Webster commented on Ebola test for 90 Nigerian students