MTW to be sued over carsSome of the assembled vehicles that have not been registered by the Licensing Authority. (Picture by Maria Bradshaw.)
Sat, January 26, 2013 - 12:08 AM
A lawyer has said he plans to file a lawsuit against the Ministry of Transport and Works (MTW) for failing to register three vehicles assembled locally.
Queen’s Counsel Ralph Thorne told the SATURDAY SUN that his client had brought in shells and assembled the vehicles but had so far been unable to get them registered by the Licensing Authority. Thorne insisted that all the assembly steps had been complied with.
“I wrote to the Chief Licensing Officer and gave him until the end of this week to respond and give me a justifiable reason for their actions. I have received no response so I will be filing proceedings in the next few days,” the lawyer said.
Thorne explained that the same client experienced difficulties in getting the shells released from the Port Authority last July, even though he had also adhered to all of the requirements and had paid his duties. (MB)Please read the full story in today’s SATURDAY SUN, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice