Fri, December 14, 2012 - 12:12 AM
Move over, IPL.
Franchise-based T20 cricket is coming to the Caribbean.
The best of the region will have another avenue to showcase their talents now that the West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) has announced the launch of a professional, franchise-based Twenty20 league set to begin sometime next year.
According to a Press release issued by the WICB yesterday, the league comes as part of an arrangement with Barbados-based merchant bank Verus International, which will also provide funding for new retainer contracts for regional players. (JM)Please read the full story in today’s WEEKEND NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Lloyd Gulston commented on Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Leif jensen commented on Tough lessons
- Harold Harris commented on Low spirits
- Lloyd Gulston commented on Festival needs ‘helping hand’
- Sodi S commented on 13 million snails put down