Fri, December 14, 2012 - 12:12 AM
Move over, IPL.
Franchise-based T20 cricket is coming to the Caribbean.
The best of the region will have another avenue to showcase their talents now that the West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) has announced the launch of a professional, franchise-based Twenty20 league set to begin sometime next year.
According to a Press release issued by the WICB yesterday, the league comes as part of an arrangement with Barbados-based merchant bank Verus International, which will also provide funding for new retainer contracts for regional players. (JM)Please read the full story in today’s WEEKEND NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Sherville Harris commented on Raunchy beach party
- Robert Goode commented on Akela’s golden legacy
- Robert Goode commented on No money to get victim’s body home
- Ann Lewis commented on I CONFESS: Cheating ways made me a lonely man
- Don Clarke commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Eager to marry but scared of his past