New citizens take the oathNew citizens of Barbados. (Nigel Browne)
Wed, November 21, 2012 - 7:04 PM
Barbados has granted 320 individuals citizenship in a matter of months.
Today 200 people from 17 countries made a public declaration of their loyalty to the nation, by taking the oath which was administered by Chief Justice Marston Gibson, in the presence of Governor General Sir Elliott Belgrave and Prime Minister Freundel Stuart at the Lloyd Erskine Sandiford Centre.
In his address, Stuart commended the Immigration Department for significantly reducing the backlog of citizenship applications.
Full story in tomorrow's DAILY NATION
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- elliot gibbs commented on Home cry
- Dale Connell commented on THE 'NETTE EFFECT: Day my childhood came crashing down
- Orange Peel commented on Taxing lines at centres
- Glyne Griffith commented on Sealy: Focus on women
- Orson Arthur commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Afraid to tell him I’m not into sex