No green lightFurniture Limited: still no permission to reopen.
Tue, November 27, 2012 - 12:05 AM
ALMOST SIX MONTHS after being ordered to close because of environmental problems, Furniture Limited on Cumberland Street in Bridgetown still hasn’t received official permission to reopen.
Usually reliable Government sources made this clear yesterday, following a Press report that the store was ready to open this week after having been cleaned, renovated and fully stocked.
“What they did was clean the ground floor,” the sources reported. “The entire building has to be cleaned before the relevant Government agencies will approve its reopening.
“There was another inspection of the premises today [yesterday] and the place was found to be not yet ready to transact business. Against this background, if the business reopens [today] to the public, then it will be forced to close shortly thereafter.”Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- june skeete commented on Parade celebration brings new touch to Oistins
- Bentley Beckles commented on Prison officer behind bars
- Mel B commented on UPDATED:Road fatality on Spring Garden
- albert adams commented on Robber nabbed
- Tony Webster commented on BWU conference: Employment act to be amended