No green lightFurniture Limited: still no permission to reopen.
Tue, November 27, 2012 - 12:05 AM
ALMOST SIX MONTHS after being ordered to close because of environmental problems, Furniture Limited on Cumberland Street in Bridgetown still hasn’t received official permission to reopen.
Usually reliable Government sources made this clear yesterday, following a Press report that the store was ready to open this week after having been cleaned, renovated and fully stocked.
“What they did was clean the ground floor,” the sources reported. “The entire building has to be cleaned before the relevant Government agencies will approve its reopening.
“There was another inspection of the premises today [yesterday] and the place was found to be not yet ready to transact business. Against this background, if the business reopens [today] to the public, then it will be forced to close shortly thereafter.”Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Robert Goode commented on Jobs on Hold
- CARL HUSBANDS commented on Lawyer challenges court decision
- Carl Harper commented on ALL AH WE IS ONE: The bright poor
- Wayne Webster commented on EDITORIAL: Farmers get short end of sugar stick
- Lisha Clarke commented on Robbery accused sent for evaluation