No green lightFurniture Limited: still no permission to reopen.
Tue, November 27, 2012 - 12:05 AM
ALMOST SIX MONTHS after being ordered to close because of environmental problems, Furniture Limited on Cumberland Street in Bridgetown still hasn’t received official permission to reopen.
Usually reliable Government sources made this clear yesterday, following a Press report that the store was ready to open this week after having been cleaned, renovated and fully stocked.
“What they did was clean the ground floor,” the sources reported. “The entire building has to be cleaned before the relevant Government agencies will approve its reopening.
“There was another inspection of the premises today [yesterday] and the place was found to be not yet ready to transact business. Against this background, if the business reopens [today] to the public, then it will be forced to close shortly thereafter.”Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Pan Wallie commented on Home cry
- Wayne Webster commented on Taxing lines at centres
- Dale Connell commented on THE 'NETTE EFFECT: Day my childhood came crashing down
- Glyne Griffith commented on Sealy: Focus on women
- Orson Arthur commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Afraid to tell him I’m not into sex