$10m shortDavid Dulal Whiteway (FP)
By GERALYN EDWARD Business Editor | Wed, January 23, 2013 - 12:10 AM
SOME FORMER Barbados National Bank (BNB) shareholders are still to collect almost $10 million in payments from Republic Bank Limited for shares they sold the company last year.
This was revealed yesterday as some expressed concern that they were yet to receive their cash, more than a week after the promised January 14 payment deadline.
However, Eric Scott, manager of Republic Finance & Trust (Barbados) Corporation – the company handling the transaction for the Republic Bank Group in Trinidad – said the problem did not rest with Republic Bank.
And his boss, managing director of Republic Bank group in Trinidad David Dulal Whiteway, told the MIDWEEK NATION that his bank had transferred $167.35 million – all the funds needed to support its purchase of the former BNB shares.Please read the full story in today’s MIDWEEK NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- 3 charged
- Does Ebola travel ban make sense?
- Sports unity call
- Fight against the mosquito
- Most Recent Comments
- Carl Harper commented on Married man wants me for sex only
- Carl Harper commented on Come again on location of Ebola unit
- Harold Harris commented on Tanker blocked due to Ebola fears
- Orson Arthur commented on Governor expects growth next year
- Adam Shaw commented on Upgrade upsets taximen