$10m shortDavid Dulal Whiteway (FP)
By GERALYN EDWARD Business Editor | Wed, January 23, 2013 - 12:10 AM
SOME FORMER Barbados National Bank (BNB) shareholders are still to collect almost $10 million in payments from Republic Bank Limited for shares they sold the company last year.
This was revealed yesterday as some expressed concern that they were yet to receive their cash, more than a week after the promised January 14 payment deadline.
However, Eric Scott, manager of Republic Finance & Trust (Barbados) Corporation – the company handling the transaction for the Republic Bank Group in Trinidad – said the problem did not rest with Republic Bank.
And his boss, managing director of Republic Bank group in Trinidad David Dulal Whiteway, told the MIDWEEK NATION that his bank had transferred $167.35 million – all the funds needed to support its purchase of the former BNB shares.Please read the full story in today’s MIDWEEK NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Sodi S commented on Six may go, LIAT closing departments
- Tony Webster commented on Cruise record
- Bentley Beckles commented on EDITORIAL: Include farmers in Govt’s plans for industry
- Carl Harper commented on Shane takes bronze
- Carl Harper commented on Sinckler sorry for BRA slip-up