$10m shortDavid Dulal Whiteway (FP)
By GERALYN EDWARD Business Editor | Wed, January 23, 2013 - 12:10 AM
SOME FORMER Barbados National Bank (BNB) shareholders are still to collect almost $10 million in payments from Republic Bank Limited for shares they sold the company last year.
This was revealed yesterday as some expressed concern that they were yet to receive their cash, more than a week after the promised January 14 payment deadline.
However, Eric Scott, manager of Republic Finance & Trust (Barbados) Corporation – the company handling the transaction for the Republic Bank Group in Trinidad – said the problem did not rest with Republic Bank.
And his boss, managing director of Republic Bank group in Trinidad David Dulal Whiteway, told the MIDWEEK NATION that his bank had transferred $167.35 million – all the funds needed to support its purchase of the former BNB shares.Please read the full story in today’s MIDWEEK NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Tony Webster commented on Barrack negotiations continuing
- Tony Webster commented on EDITORIAL: Easing the burden of families hit by disaster
- Snow Cone commented on CBS ends deal with Rihanna
- daneale o'neale commented on ‘Insult to union’
- Tony Webster commented on We must travel!