On the beat
By Barry Alleyne | Tue, November 13, 2012 - 12:10 AM
THE TROUBLE SPOTS of New Orleans and Chapman Lane, St Michael, are about to get a 24-hour police presence.
That presence will include members of the Royal Barbados Police Force’s Special Services Unit, its K-9 Unit, mobile patrols and officers walking the beat as well.
It will come through the stationing of the force’s mobile trailer unit on the western edge of Chapman Lane from today on a small pasture by the Bridgetown Wastewater Treatment Plant.
Commissioner of Police Darwin Dottin said yesterday he would not have it any other way.Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Mr Psychotic commented on Foreplay giant, but still too small
- Larsen Parris commented on Fees ‘best option’
- Tony Webster commented on EDITORIAL: Free education’s potential gains now in jeopardy
- Jan Shak commented on Fatal slip
- Wayne Webster commented on His money is ‘in the sea’