On the beat
By Barry Alleyne | Tue, November 13, 2012 - 12:10 AM
THE TROUBLE SPOTS of New Orleans and Chapman Lane, St Michael, are about to get a 24-hour police presence.
That presence will include members of the Royal Barbados Police Force’s Special Services Unit, its K-9 Unit, mobile patrols and officers walking the beat as well.
It will come through the stationing of the force’s mobile trailer unit on the western edge of Chapman Lane from today on a small pasture by the Bridgetown Wastewater Treatment Plant.
Commissioner of Police Darwin Dottin said yesterday he would not have it any other way.Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Tony Webster commented on BWU conference: Employment act to be amended
- Tony Webster commented on THE HOYOS FILE: Living in a Massy paradise
- Larsen Parris commented on Bajan sex workers urged to join body
- Larsen Parris commented on Young hitmen
- Carl Harper commented on Severance mess troubling