On the beat
By Barry Alleyne | Tue, November 13, 2012 - 12:10 AM
THE TROUBLE SPOTS of New Orleans and Chapman Lane, St Michael, are about to get a 24-hour police presence.
That presence will include members of the Royal Barbados Police Force’s Special Services Unit, its K-9 Unit, mobile patrols and officers walking the beat as well.
It will come through the stationing of the force’s mobile trailer unit on the western edge of Chapman Lane from today on a small pasture by the Bridgetown Wastewater Treatment Plant.
Commissioner of Police Darwin Dottin said yesterday he would not have it any other way.Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- wayne husbands commented on Mottley fails to meet PM
- RANDY BRIDGEMAN commented on EDITORIAL: Talk to the people, Mr Stuart
- CARL HUSBANDS commented on THE HOYOS FILE: The menacing mood of passive resistance
- CARL HUSBANDS commented on Moody’s: No growth
- Orson Arthur commented on ATM alert