On track!Track and field is off and running at Kensington Oval.
By JUSTIN MARVILLE | Fri, January 18, 2013 - 12:10 AM
THE MAN IN CHARGE of Kensington Oval doesn’t believe the facility will be run ragged by athletics.
The acting chief executive officer of Kensington Oval Management Inc. (KOMI), Ben Toppin, says the heavy traffic of the current track and field calendar should not cause too much wear and tear on the outfield ahead of the regional and international cricket season.
Toppin gave the assurance during Eden Lodge Primary School’s sports day yesterday in light of concerns expressed about the already deteriorating outfield following the Oval’s recent staging of two football tournaments.
“I don’t see a problem, but we’re watching it very closely over the next couple days to see the effect of two or three days of running and then the growth rate of the grass,” said Toppin from the grounds of the Oval.Please read the full story in today’s WEEKEND NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Lloyd Gulston commented on Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Leif jensen commented on Tough lessons
- Harold Harris commented on Low spirits
- Lloyd Gulston commented on Festival needs ‘helping hand’
- Sodi S commented on 13 million snails put down