Students to pay UWI tuition
Wed, August 14, 2013 - 1:20 AM
FROM NEXT YEAR, Barbadian students at campuses of the University of the West Indies across the region will be digging into their pocket for their tuition fees.
This was revealed by Minister of Finance Christopher Sinckler, as he delivered the 2013 Financial Statement and Budgetary Proposals in the House of Assembly yesterday.
Starting in the academic year 2014/2015, full-time students entering the university’s Faculties of Humanities and Education, Social Sciences and Science and Technology will pay tuition fees of $5 625. Those entering the Faculty of Law will pay $8 808, while those entering the Faculty of Medical Sciences will pay $16 618 for clinical tuition.
Government, said Sinckler, will continue to pay the economic cost of each student, which is much higher. (HLE)
Please read the full story in today’s MIDWEEK NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Sherville Harris commented on Raunchy beach party
- Robert Goode commented on Akela’s golden legacy
- Robert Goode commented on No money to get victim’s body home
- Ann Lewis commented on I CONFESS: Cheating ways made me a lonely man
- Don Clarke commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Eager to marry but scared of his past