PM: Barrack will be paidContractor Al Barrack. (FP)
By Maria Bradshaw | Sun, November 18, 2012 - 12:07 AM
Prime Minister Freundel Stuart has again pledged that Al Barrack will get the $77 million owed him by Government, but the contractor continues to express frustration with the now seven-year wait.
Asked about the matter by the SUNDAY SUN yesterday during a mass canvass of the Democratic Labour Party in The Ivy, St Michael, Stuart said Government intended to have it resolved as soon as possible.
He said the issue had been engaging the attention of Cabinet but he could not divulge Cabinet secrets.
“This is one of those issues that has ended up in our lap. We did not create the problem but we are called upon to solve it. We recognize that is a matter which we would have to solve because of judicial decisions which have been made in respect of it.”Please read the full story in today’s SUNDAY SUN, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Lloyd Gulston commented on Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Leif jensen commented on Tough lessons
- Harold Harris commented on Low spirits
- Lloyd Gulston commented on Festival needs ‘helping hand’
- Sodi S commented on 13 million snails put down