PM: Barrack will be paidContractor Al Barrack. (FP)
By Maria Bradshaw | Sun, November 18, 2012 - 12:07 AM
Prime Minister Freundel Stuart has again pledged that Al Barrack will get the $77 million owed him by Government, but the contractor continues to express frustration with the now seven-year wait.
Asked about the matter by the SUNDAY SUN yesterday during a mass canvass of the Democratic Labour Party in The Ivy, St Michael, Stuart said Government intended to have it resolved as soon as possible.
He said the issue had been engaging the attention of Cabinet but he could not divulge Cabinet secrets.
“This is one of those issues that has ended up in our lap. We did not create the problem but we are called upon to solve it. We recognize that is a matter which we would have to solve because of judicial decisions which have been made in respect of it.”Please read the full story in today’s SUNDAY SUN, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- 3 charged
- Does Ebola travel ban make sense?
- Sports unity call
- Fight against the mosquito
- Most Recent Comments
- Orson Arthur commented on Governor expects growth next year
- Adam Shaw commented on Upgrade upsets taximen
- Orson Arthur commented on $174.6m still left
- Wayne Webster commented on WICB: Let’s talk
- daneale o'neale commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Should I tell lover about old affair?