PM:Barbados holding its ownPrime Minister Freundel Stuart (right) with Dr Elliott Parris, a former chairman of the National Cultural Foundation. (Guest Photo)
Mon, April 23, 2012 - 12:46 PM
Barbados is holding its own, and it intends to successfully weather the lingering global economic downturn.
That is the message Prime Minister Freundel Stuart left with scores of Barbadians living and working in and around Washington DC during a town hall meeting yesterday evening.
The event was held at the Bishop John T. Walker National Learning Centre of the Holy Comforter Episcopal Church, which is pastored by West Indian priest, the Rev. Dr. Kortright Davis.
Noting that the country was still experiencing the throes of the worse economic recession the world had seen in nearly 100 years, he said Barbados was facing similar difficulties and challenges like the US and many developed and developing countries.
Full story in the DAILY NATION
- Editor's Choice
- Carl Harper commented on WHAT MATTERS MOST: Behaviour is shaped by the majority
- Dale Harris commented on Two off to play in England
- Jack Husbands commented on Not afraid to flog!
- Jalisa Skeete commented on Barbados' supercentenarian Sisnett is dead
- Frank Husbands commented on Guyanese charged for entering Barbados illegally