PM’s advice to new citizensSome of the new Barbadian citizens. (Lennox Devonish)
Wed, April 11, 2012 - 1:16 PM
Barbados held its first ever citizenship induction ceremony today at the Lloyd Erskine Sandiford Conference Centre.
Prime Minister, Freundel Stuart addressed the 120 new Barbadians and offered some advice.
The 120 new citizens, all with Bibles in hand, were required to deliver an oath of allegiance before Acting Governor General, Elliott Belgrave.
They then said the national pledge before becoming official citizens of Barbados and receiving their citizenship papers from the Prime Minister.
"As of today, Pride and Industry is your national motto. As you adopt it, I exhort you also to embrace it as your personal mantra to help you do your best as Barbadians from day to day," he said.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- shawn phillips commented on Petition to strip Tridents
- Tony Webster commented on Stop complaining, says Inniss
- Mr Psychotic commented on Board probing bus video
- Sherville Harris commented on UPDATED: Barrack removes locks
- Leonard B commented on BEHIND THE HEADLINES: Canada still banking on the Caribbean