PM’s advice to new citizensSome of the new Barbadian citizens. (Lennox Devonish)
Wed, April 11, 2012 - 1:16 PM
Barbados held its first ever citizenship induction ceremony today at the Lloyd Erskine Sandiford Conference Centre.
Prime Minister, Freundel Stuart addressed the 120 new Barbadians and offered some advice.
The 120 new citizens, all with Bibles in hand, were required to deliver an oath of allegiance before Acting Governor General, Elliott Belgrave.
They then said the national pledge before becoming official citizens of Barbados and receiving their citizenship papers from the Prime Minister.
"As of today, Pride and Industry is your national motto. As you adopt it, I exhort you also to embrace it as your personal mantra to help you do your best as Barbadians from day to day," he said.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Pan Wallie commented on Money woes hurting Jack
- Pan Wallie commented on Broomes hurt by turning of table
- Nigel Nicholls commented on Banks Calendar Girl Top 8 picked
- Tony Webster commented on Doctors working overtime on virus
- Wayne Webster commented on Ganja found in container at Port