Prepare to give more, BLP told
By Ryan Gilkes | Mon, April 16, 2012 - 12:07 AM
The family of the Barbados Labour Party (BLP) has been told to prepare to offer “even greater service”.
The appeal came from Reverend R. Luther Johnson as he addressed a Founders’ Day Service to mark the BLP’s 74th anniversary at Christ The King Anglican Church in Rock Dundo, St Michael.
“. . . Gird your loins for even greater service than you have given in your 74 years,” he told the gathering.
He added: “Is everything A-okay in this country? Is it a time to get concerned? May I suggest to you that it depends on your perspective. At some point in the life of every person and nation there comes a great intersection of opportunity or failure.
“What happen there is largely dependent on how we see things. It can either be the best of times or the worst of times.”
Read the full story in today's DAILY NATION.
- Editor's Choice
- Your Lamen commented on $60M loss
- Tanya Respect Forde commented on Rihanna, wins R&B artist, album
- Tony Webster commented on EDITORIAL: LIME’s $100m investment great news
- Judy Clarke commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Should I bail out because of disease?
- Frank Husbands commented on Credit unions must pull investments