Solid gold! – Two defend businesses(FP)
By Barry Alleyne | Wed, March 06, 2013 - 12:09 AM
Legitimate, and important too!
The cash for gold businesses in Barbados have come to their own defence, saying they have a superb relationship with the Royal Barbados Police Force and do everything humanly possible to keep thugs and thieves out of their stores.
Accused of helping to fuel a criminal practice that could hurt Barbados’ tourism, two of the island’s main operators maintain they run their businesses above board and have nothing to do with a crime surge inclusive of daring daylight robberies where jewellery has been stolen from tourists.
Kelvin Scott, the managing director of Scott’s Jewellery and Services, blamed the situation on underground cash-for-gold buyers who have done a good job of hiding from the Royal Barbados Police Force.
“I am convinced the legitimate dealers are not a threat,” he told the MIDWEEK NATION yesterday.Please read the full story in today’s MIDWEEK NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Pan Wallie commented on Money woes hurting Jack
- Pan Wallie commented on Broomes hurt by turning of table
- Nigel Nicholls commented on Banks Calendar Girl Top 8 picked
- Tony Webster commented on Doctors working overtime on virus
- Wayne Webster commented on Ganja found in container at Port