Police worried over robberiesPolicemen collecting evidence from the scene of yesterday’s shooting and robbery in The Ivy, St Michael. (Pictures by Nigel Browne. )
Fri, January 18, 2013 - 12:08 AM
FOUR PEOPLE HAVE been shot in the last 18 days in robberies and attempted robberies which police suspect are linked to the cash for gold business.
The increase in these violent incidents has prompted police to urge Barbadians to be conservative about the wearing of jewellery, or not wear any at all.
“We are seeing an increase in the use of violence in regards to robbery and theft,” said Inspector David Welch yesterday.
He said that from reports it seemed the perpetrators were becoming more aggressive, and their main targets were jewellery, cellphones and money. (SP)Please read the full story in today’s WEEKEND NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Marva Chase commented on Fake interpreter
- David Hall commented on Call to cut cost of travel in region
- David Hall commented on Cotton concern
- dirtyokra two point o commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Should I tell about my wife’s affair?
- Ann Lewis commented on FULL FEATURE: Barbadians ‘grudge’ icon