Shane gets a grip
Wed, March 27, 2013 - 12:01 AM
IT HAS BEEN a record-breaking week for Windward Islands and West Indies off-spinner Shane Shillingford.
He bagged his second consecutive ten-wicket haul on his Dominica home soil at Windsor Park to bowl the Darren Sammy-led regional outfit to an emphatic innings and 65-run victory over Zimbabwe for a 2-0 sweep of the two-Test series.
His tally of 19 wickets is the highest by a West Indies bowler in a two-Test series and he is the first West Indian and 14th bowler overall to capture three or more five-wicket innings hauls in a two-Test series.
Shortly after he was named Man Of The Series at the presentation ceremony on Friday evening, Shillingford flew to Barbados to play in the fifth round Regional 4-Day match, which started the next day at Kensington Oval.
He mesmerized the Barbadian batsmen with a match haul of 12 wickets for 102 runs, including a remarkable eight for 82 in the second innings to share the Man Of The Match award with teammate Devon Smith.
The Windwards routed Barbados for a meagre first innings total of 64 and went on to inflict a humiliating 216-run defeat with a day to spare. (EZS)
Here, Shillingford bowling during Monday’s final day at Kensington Oval. The umpire is Nigel Duguid. (Picture by Kenmore Bynoe.)
- Editor's Choice
- 3 charged
- Does Ebola travel ban make sense?
- Sports unity call
- Fight against the mosquito
- Most Recent Comments
- Orson Arthur commented on Governor expects growth next year
- Adam Shaw commented on Upgrade upsets taximen
- Orson Arthur commented on $174.6m still left
- Wayne Webster commented on WICB: Let’s talk
- daneale o'neale commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Should I tell lover about old affair?