Show’s over for Plantation
By Ricky Jordan | Thu, April 04, 2013 - 12:11 AM
Yet another of Barbados’ most popular entertainment venues is on the verge of closing.
The Plantation Restaurant and Garden Theatre, which has been in operation for three decades, has been put up for sale as a result of continuous losses, particularly in the last three years. It follows the closure of the Ship Inn, After Dark and a range of nightclub venues in the island’s tourism belt.
Owner and veteran businessman Tony Hoyos told the DAILY NATION yesterday: “We have put up the Plantation for sale and have given notice to all of our staff.”
He said that letters had been sent to 65 employees comprising full-time administrative staff, casual workers, dancers and technical crews.Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- D. Stoute commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Is not wanting children selfish?
- D. Stoute commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Should we marry even though he hits me?
- D. Stoute commented on Fog’s ‘the cause’
- Dale M commented on Fines fuss
- Mia Colucci commented on Tight-lipped