Training centre comingThe training facility at the Arch Hall, Fire Station, St Thomas, will start during the next financial year
Tue, December 04, 2012 - 12:08 AM
ATTORNEY GENERAL ADRIEL Brathwaite has assured the Barbados Fire Service that the construction of the training facility at the Arch Hall, Fire Station, St Thomas, will start during the next financial year.
He gave this assurance yesterday as he delivered the feature address at the official opening of the Caribbean Association of Fire Chiefs (CAFC) 2012 Leadership Symposium, at Solidarity House, Harmony Hall, St Michael.
Brathwaite said he recognized the importance and need for continuous training of emergency officials.
The 11-year-old Caribbean-based organization is charged with unifying codes, practices, equipment, training and protocols among fire services in the region and developing and operating the unified regional responder network of fire, rescue and emergency medical service responders. (AH)Please read the full story in today’s DAILY NATION, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Sherville Harris commented on Raunchy beach party
- Robert Goode commented on Akela’s golden legacy
- Robert Goode commented on No money to get victim’s body home
- Ann Lewis commented on I CONFESS: Cheating ways made me a lonely man
- Don Clarke commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Eager to marry but scared of his past