Up a classMinister of Education Ronald Jones. (FP)
Sat, January 26, 2013 - 12:09 AM
Three schools, including Alexandra, are earmarked for sixth forms and four primary schools are to be rebuilt.
Minister of Education Ronald Jones made the disclosure yesterday.
He said “post-secondary” education would start at the island’s only single-sex schools, the all-girls Springer Memorial, at Alexandra and St Leonard’s Boys’ School from September “if everything goes well”.
Jones was the featured speaker at the Democratic Labour Party’s weekly lunchtime lecture, in the party’s George Street, Belleville, St Michael headquarters. The lecture was titled Reprovisioning the Education Sector: The Second Education Revolution. (CA)Please read the full story in today’s SATURDAY SUN, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Carl Harper commented on Working to secure future
- daneale o'neale commented on UPDATED:Road fatality on Spring Garden
- Carl Harper commented on BWU conference: Employment act to be amended
- Tony Webster commented on Wall of Art
- Tony Webster commented on THE BIG PICTURE: Sacred and profane