Vision for eye care centreMinister of Health Donville Inniss. (FP)
By Mike King | Sat, December 08, 2012 - 12:07 AM
The infrastructure of the multi-million-dollar Lions Caribbean Eye Care Centre should be completed by March and according to Minister of Health Donville Inniss, the entire facility should be completely and “fully functional” soon after.
Inniss gave that assurance after touring the five-storey centre alongside Queen Elizabeth Hospital (QEH) officials, representatives of the European Union (EU) and the media yesterday.
Construction of the cardiac suite on the first floor is being done with the help of a $5 million grant from the European Development Fund while the air conditioning component for the first floor (cardiac suite), second floor (eye clinic) and third floor (eye surgery) is estimated to cost $6.5 million.
The air conditioning system for the lower ground floor, the Accident and Emergency department, will cost another $1.5 million.Please read the full story in today’s SATURDAY SUN, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Adam Shaw commented on PM Stuart recovers in Canada
- Wayne Webster commented on Town Planner: It’s not our fault
- Sodi S commented on Fog’s ‘the cause’
- Tony Webster commented on THE ISSUE: IMF ‘help’ a given alternative
- Wayne Webster commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: Should we marry even though he hits me?