By Yvette Best | Sat, December 08, 2012 - 12:09 AM
A number of teachers at The Alexandra School walked out of the annual awards ceremony yesterday morning.
In what appears to have been a quiet, orderly protest, the majority of teachers represented by the Barbados Secondary Teachers’ Union (BSTU) filed out of the school hall as soon as principal Jeff Broomes was introduced to give his report.
They congregated in an upstairs area, returning almost 35 minutes later when Broomes had finished his report.
President of the BSTU, Mary Redman, is maintaining her blackout of THE NATION, and did not entertain any questions about the action of the teachers. It is however understood that the walkout was an alternative to a proposed boycott of the entire event.Please read the full story in today’s SATURDAY SUN, or in the eNATION edition.
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Sodi S commented on Six may go, LIAT closing departments
- Tony Webster commented on Cruise record
- Bentley Beckles commented on EDITORIAL: Include farmers in Govt’s plans for industry
- Carl Harper commented on Shane takes bronze
- Carl Harper commented on Sinckler sorry for BRA slip-up