What’s Trending:New citizens
Thu, April 12, 2012 - 9:07 AM
The Nation’s Online Editor Carol Martindale looks at What’s Trending today in Barbados.
Barbados has 120 new citizens and yesterday they were inducted at a citizenship ceremony.
In a separate interview, Parliamentary Secretary in the Prime Minister’s office with responsibility for Immigration, Senator Harry Husbands said Barbados’ citizenship was not for sale.
This is story trending this morning.
B’yond Blssd: “Citizenship should be attainable to any making a positive contribution to the country.”
JCP: “I wonder how much paperwork and endless amounts of money those "immigrants" had to pay to get their status regularised…”
Glenda Martin: “I want to be a citizen. …I just like everything about Barbados and the people and want to stay there.”
Jason Prescod: “Willing to trade my spot, about here expensive.”
MeLlo Fod: “Proud 100% Bajan here living in Seattle area. I don't see nothing there making me want to come back there to live.. It’s too expensive.”
- Editor's Choice
- Most Recent Comments
- Dale M commented on Fines fuss
- Tony Webster commented on MONDAY MAN: On guard, by God’s grace
- Wayne Webster commented on Time to step up
- Pan Wallie commented on DEAR CHRISTINE: I love outside man, despite the blows
- Pan Wallie commented on Fire officers to get a hand