Friday, May 22, 2026

Member of lottery scam network extradited to US

Date:

Share post:

KINGSTON, Jamaica – A member of a lottery scam network was extradited to the United States on Thursday to face federation charges related to the international lottery scheme.

Gregory Gooden, is one of 14 defendants charged by the US Attorney for the District of North Dakota, in connection with an FBI and US Postal Service investigation of alleged conspiracy to defraud tens of millions of US dollars from a group of victims, primarily elderly people living on fixed incomes.

The extradition order was handed down when Gordon waived his right to challenge his extradition when he appeared in a Corporate Area court earlier this month. 

On Thursday, members of the police force transferred Gooden to the custody of the United States Marshals Service at the Norman Manley International Airport.

The US Marshals escorted him to face trial in North Dakota. He is the latest lotto scammer to be extradited to North Dakota, after eight others were extradited on April 26.

The US Embassy, in a release, said it “appreciates the efforts of our Jamaican partners, particularly the Ministry of Justice and the Ministry of National Security for facilitating the extraditions and the JCF’s Counter-terrorism Organised Crime Branch, the Major Organised Crime and Anti-Corruption Agency, and the Jamaica Fugitive Apprehension Team, whose investigations helped the US Attorney build the indictments.” 

Gooden faces up to 40 years in prison. (CMC)

Related articles

Mystery of missing caskets

Who took the caskets of a deceased funeral director? The mysterious disappearance of five caskets is part of an...

‘Soil the cause of brown sea water’ at Carlisle Bay

The source of brown sea water spreading across Carlisle Bay remains in question as both beachgoers and environmental...

Murder accused: Didn’t mean to hurt her

It was never his intention to hurt anyone, said murder accused Roger Delisle Sealy. But he panicked after hitting...

Government announced new measures for entry into Antigua and Barbuda

The Antigua and Barbuda government has announced new measures aimed at enhancing public health safety amid concerns regarding...