Governor General-designate Justice Sandra Mason. (FILE)
- LIAT CEO: Taxes on flights too high Read More
- International experts give digital marketing advice Read More
- BNA looks to raise $270 000 Read More
- It takes more than talent Read More
- Need change now more than ever Read More
- Keep buggery law Read More
- Verne Troyer, ‘Mini-Me’ in Austin Powers films, dies at 49 Read More
I would like to congratulate Governor General-designate Justice Sandra Mason on her elevation to that high office. It says something about Barbados and what our education system and social structure has made possible.
The daughter of working class people moving through the ranks and ending up in the highest office of the land speaks to the type of society we are. It is noteworthy the similarities between her and her predecessor, Sir Elliott Belgrave.
I hope she shows humility and graciousness while in the office of Governor General and does not forget her roots.
I would also like to congratulate Prime Minister Freundel Stuart for having the heart and courage to appoint not only a woman, but someone with her background to the esteemed position she will soon ascend to.
May she be blessed with a long tenure.
– AINSLEY CARRINGTON