- Sagicor open to other offers Read More
- Republic Financial Holdings to acquire Scotiabank in nine Caribbean countries Read More
- Jamaica inch ahead of Barbados Pride Read More
- NSC abandons sports awards Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Sir Don signs out Read More
AN EXTRACT I heard on radio of a presentation made by the Prime Minister at a recent party political meeting suggested that he and his party members were gifted in identifying certain political aromas.
So help me, Prime Minister, what identifying aroma would you give to a promise made before an election that there would be no lay-offs only to do just that to 3 000 good folk immediately after the election?
A popular fragrance sometime back had the identifier Number One. Perhaps the aroma of that political promise might be Graeme Hall Number 1 or perhaps South Coast Number 2 or a more subtle River Tamarind Number Tree.
Prime Minister, seems like you hoped we would have had a collective memory loss but the aroma has lingered for five years.
– MICHAEL RUDDER