- Nation Group restructuring Read More
- Zuckerberg says Facebook made mistakes on user data Read More
- Darian King out of Miami Open Read More
- New era as St Albans and St Giles top NAPSAC for the first time Read More
- Is it wrong to be right? Read More
- Powers that be not in sync Read More
- NCF calls for judges in the arts Read More
AN EXTRACT I heard on radio of a presentation made by the Prime Minister at a recent party political meeting suggested that he and his party members were gifted in identifying certain political aromas.
So help me, Prime Minister, what identifying aroma would you give to a promise made before an election that there would be no lay-offs only to do just that to 3 000 good folk immediately after the election?
A popular fragrance sometime back had the identifier Number One. Perhaps the aroma of that political promise might be Graeme Hall Number 1 or perhaps South Coast Number 2 or a more subtle River Tamarind Number Tree.
Prime Minister, seems like you hoped we would have had a collective memory loss but the aroma has lingered for five years.
– MICHAEL RUDDER