- Creditors’ concern Read More
- Myers moving to BTII, BHTA names new board Read More
- Coutinho’s superb goal cancelled out by Switzerland’s Zuber Read More
- Mexico stun holders Germany 1-0 in World Cup opener Read More
- Women and the Constitution Read More
- Come on, men, step up! Read More
- Big Show opens Read More
AN EXTRACT I heard on radio of a presentation made by the Prime Minister at a recent party political meeting suggested that he and his party members were gifted in identifying certain political aromas.
So help me, Prime Minister, what identifying aroma would you give to a promise made before an election that there would be no lay-offs only to do just that to 3 000 good folk immediately after the election?
A popular fragrance sometime back had the identifier Number One. Perhaps the aroma of that political promise might be Graeme Hall Number 1 or perhaps South Coast Number 2 or a more subtle River Tamarind Number Tree.
Prime Minister, seems like you hoped we would have had a collective memory loss but the aroma has lingered for five years.
– MICHAEL RUDDER