- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Late interest payments from Central Bank Read More
- Slow pace at Classic Read More
- Gayle quitting One-Dayers after WC Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Rap scores Grammy breakthrough while girl power rules awards show Read More
OUR MEDIA is crowded with suggestions as to how we should/could restore the West Indies cricket team to its past glory.
But there is one I haven't seen anywhere. That is, how about paying the players according to their productivity - wickets, catches, runs, fielding, and so on?
It has been suggested by many that our present-day players do not know of the legacy of excellence bequeathed by our "greats" such as George Challenor, Sir Learie Constantine, Derek Sealy, Jeff Stollmeyer, Sir Frank Worrell, Alf Valentine, Sir Viv Richards and Sir Gary Sobers and so on.
And I ask, do they have the feeling of pride when playing for one's country? Perhaps we might consider the option of bringing in some of our very promising women's players?