- CIBC FirstCaribbean appoints new CIO, managing director Read More
- Sam Lord’s Castle: Into The Future Read More
- Under-17 football final today Read More
- Haynes breaks Holder’s grip Read More
- Solidarity now an empty slogan Read More
- Stick to preaching the Gospel Read More
- King Bubba on Bequia stage tonight Read More
I HAD always been told to expect the unexpected, but I never thought it would have taken the saga of Christopher “Dudus” Coke to manifest this.
It is not that I am obsessed or depressed, but I have an interest in how Coke was allowed to waive his right to due process.
What is the difference between waiving one’s rights and self-incrimination?
Evidently, such a situation like this is unprecedented within the Caribbean jurisdiction and I am beseeching our constitutionalists at UWI Cave Hill to give us some legal clarity on this.