- ON THE RIGHT: Scarce water has economic cost Read More
- ON THE LEFT: Drought a worldwide problem Read More
- King upset Read More
- Golf juniors in Argentina Read More
- WHAT MATTERS MOST: The interest rate gap Read More
- EDITORIAL: Countdown to Independence celebrations Read More
- Chinese DJs bringing ‘sunset’ beat Read More
The Prime Minister makes an important point about not wasting electricity in his effort to reduce the nation’s oil import bill. Maybe the first step should be daylight saving time. By turning the clocks forward an hour in Barbados, we would have an extra hour of sunlight in the evening and cut out an hour of lighting usage. It would thus be dark at 7 p.m. I am sure an economist could work out how much that would save.